Head of Content
Avanoo - Boulder, CO
Who We Are
Avanoo is the leading e-Learning marketplace for online programs that help people unlock their inner potential in their lives and work. Since graduating from the 500 Startups incubator in 2015, we’ve grown quickly and are now seeking new teammates who share our desire to inspire, educate, and improve lives.
Avanoo’s vision is to support people, teams, and organizations in opening to their fullest potential…. right now. Our three-minute-a-day video learning programs help teams build thriving workplace cultures by igniting and actualizing the best of our human potential. Avanoo brings joy to work.
We work with New York Times bestselling authors, world-champion athletes, TV personalities, and more to create thoughtful 3-minute-per-day training programs. Avanoo's programs are used by tens of thousands of people to achieve peak performance in topics including leadership, management, productivity, stress relief, happiness, and wellness. Our customers include Kaiser Permanente, Cisco, and Toyota. Learn more about us and our mission at http://www.avanoo.com
Who We’re Looking For
At Avanoo, the learning curve is fast, the expectations are high, and the work extremely rewarding. We’re looking for a great storyteller/writer/editor who wants to inspire the world with their words. BOTTOM LINE: You must be a writer and storyteller at heart. That's just who you are.
- Mindset and attitude are essential. We value effort, persistence, and a “yes I can” attitude
- You’re not only a great writer, but a strong content leader, and can support your team's success
- You love making your work exceptional, and appreciate a high-feedback environment where your work is critiqued a lot
- If working hard, wriitng, supporting a strong content creation pipeline, and helping people live better lives is exciting to you, we want to hear from you!
- As a lead member of the Writing team, you contribute by hunting down great stories. I.e., you quickly surface and tailor compelling stories that demonstrate specific “lessons” that Avanoo provides for our eLearning, soft-skills programs
- As Head of Content, you are responsible for supervision and coordination of the teams that create our content, from R&D to writing to audio/video - you are the glue and the process facilitator that connects all the dots!
- You lead the content team as a strong process facilitator and systems thinker, ensuring team goals are met
- You own your work and support the work of your team, hitting key deadlines and achieving goals
- You are present, you laugh, smile, and do the best work of your life!
- At least 5 years of professional journalism, copywriting, or publishing experience
- Strong leadership and management background
- A good sense of humor
- Ability to commit to working full-time, including startup hours when needed
- Must live within commuting distance of Boulder or be willing to relocate
- Previous startup experience a plus
- Previous work in learning and development instruction and design a plus
- Commitment to lifelong learning and personal development
Salary, benefits (medical, dental, vision), Paid Leave and Sick Leave policy, options for equity in the organization, and a ton of fun with a close-knit team passionate about helping people thrive in the workplace.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply, no matter your gender, race, religion or sexual orientation.